Terms and conditions
By donating to Borneo Orangutan Survival UK Ltd (BOS-UK), you are agreeing to our terms and conditions including our refund policy. Please review the following prior to making your donation.
Collection of information
Use of collection information
Storage of collected information
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us. Our details are at the bottom of this page.
What data do we collect?
We collect the following personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
How do we collect your data?
- Sign-up online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Through donations made to the charity
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Process your donation or order and manage your account.
- Email you with information about our work and special offers.
When we process your donation, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
We use the DonorBox™ payment gateway for online credit card transactions. DonorBox interfaces with the Stripe, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Amazon Pay payment platforms, but does not store credit card details within its system. These platforms process online credit card transactions for thousands of merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet. All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the DonorBox gateway are secured payments.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by us or any outside party
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within the Stripe, PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Amazon Pay payment bank grade data centres, further protecting your credit card data.
- DonorBox at no time touches your funds; all monies (minus processing fees) are transferred from your credit card to our merchant account.
Refunds and cancellations
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies listed above.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members within our organisation.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing email we send you.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via our details at the bottom of this page.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
How to manage cookies
You can edit your cookie preferences by selecting the link below, or optionally, set your browser not to accept cookies. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
BOS-UK website to external entities are not covered within this policy. The terms and conditions set out in this privacy statement only cover the domain name of BOS-UK: www.bos-uk.org
How to contact us
If you have any questions, comments, or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Call us at: +44 (0) 20 3355 0569
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Borneo Orangutan Survival UK
483 Green Lanes
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Phone: 0303 123 1113
Looking for something else?
A real adventure awaits
A unique opportunity to help protect and preserve a vulnerable species, while enjoying the benefits of yoga and meditation where proceeds from the trip costs go directly to The Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation.
- A private tour of our Orangutan Sanctuary
- 3 delicious, organic meals a day
- Daily yoga & wellness classes and workshops
And much more!
If you would rather do a one-time or recurring donation to support our orangutan and rainforest conservation work you can do so by clicking here.